9 key factors for the competitiveness of Lleida
· An economic model with a high level of stability.
· Geographic location with first-rate transport networks.
· Diverse profiles of industries forming a platform of services and R + D solutions.
· Increasing volume of transactions in services, light industry and logistics.
· A wide range of energy and water resources.
· Proximity between local authorities and business operators.
· Training talent and competence are the three pillars of the labour market in Lleida.
· Excellent quality of life.
· The University of Lleida is one of the best public universities in Spain, recognized for its high teaching quality and the impact of its researchers’ work.
Download the Why Lleida catalog.
Foreign investment in the demarcation of Lleida
The counties of Lleida only gather 1.3% of the number of foreign companies established in Catalonia, most of them located in the counties of Segrià and Pla d’Urgell.
These companies come from different countries, being the most relevant:
· The Netherlands
· The United States of America
· United Kingdom
Foreign manufacturing companies generate the highest value (35.4% turnover), despite the fact that they are lower in number. The most numerous ones are commercial and services companies, whose turnover accounts for 31.8% of the total.